Thursday, November 18, 2004

Hey Dude, Pass the Tablet

Yesterday I was in a bug review meeting, with an Excel spreadsheet of the bugs in question loaded on my tablet. We needed to get the CTO's opinion on one of them, so instead of sending him an email, I got up and started to walk to his office but passed him in the hall. I handed him the tablet and asked, "Is issue 518 something we should fix?" Someone walking by made the comment that he felt like he was in a Tablet PC commercial. I got my answer and headed back into my meeting.

One of the great things about the tablet form factor is you never find yourself trying to look over the shoulder of someone who's showing you something on a computer- you can just hand the machine back and forth. And unlike with a laptop, you can do it standing up.