Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Experimenting with Speech Recognition

I hadn't experimented with my tablet's speech recognition capabilities until this morning. I had to stop because it was making me laugh so hard. Remeniscent of the handwriting recognition on my beloved Apple Newton, the Microsoft speech recognition system is no doubt the result of millions of man-hours of research. But that doesn't mean it works yet.

Here's what the speech recognizer understood when I read the paragraph above:

"And it's barely made with Michael woods speech recognition capabilities until this morning I had to stop the design was made me laugh so reminiscent of the handwriting recognition on level of an apple Newton of Microsoft speech recognition system is no doubt the resolve of millions of man hours of research but that doesn't mean it works in the."

Hours of fun! Granted, I've only gone through one session of voice training. I'll do some more and see if it improves.