Friday, April 29, 2005

Motion M1300 TabletPC For Sale Sold

This item has been sold. Thanks for your interest!

Last week I was in New York for an analyst meeting and spent some free time catching up on emails and RSS feeds in Bryant Park, taking advantage of the free Wi-Fi. I find myself using my tablet outdoors more and more (which might have something to do with the beautiful spring we're having in Austin) and wishing I had a daylight-readable screen. So I've decided to take the plunge, sell my trusty M1300, and buy a View Anywhere model.

I'm planning on listing my machine on eBay, but thought I would offer it first to the readers of my blog. I'm not sure what a fair price is, so I'll take offers. If I don't get any that seem reasonable, I'll go ahead with the eBay listing.

The machine itself has the following specs:

  • Motion M1300 TabletPC Model T002
  • 1GHz Pentium M
  • 768MB RAM
  • 40GB HD
It also comes with a full set of Motion accessories:
  • Hardtop Keyboard
  • Mobile Keyboard with Touchpad
  • Leather Executive Portfolio
  • Hardtop Cover
It also has a full complement of software, but I need to check my licenses to make sure everything's kosher to sell. I bought the machine as a refurb model through the Motion Friends and Family program. It's in excellent condition, and as an added bonus I can give you the home and cell phone numbers of Motion's support manager. Haha, only kidding, Jay.

Update: After my original post, I got a lot of emails asking how much I want, but since I'm not sure of the market value, I've listed the tablet on eBay. You can view the listing, and bid if you're interested, at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6767899379

Thanks!
-Charlie